Races, Growth spurts and xrays

What a weekend we had. The Wolfson Children’s Challenge was the absolute most fun day ever. We were humbled by the amount of love that showed up for George. We had a total of 150 plus show up in their shirts for the event and then another 30 plus who couldn’t be there but wore their shirts in honor of him that day. Everywhere you looked at the event you could spot someone in their Georgie’s Joggers light blue tee. It was something else. The official Georgie’s Joggers relay team for the 55k came in 28th out of 123 teams. Almost the entire 1 mile fun run was made up of Georgie’s Joggers. But the most incredible feat of the day was from my good friend Katie Fackler who not only ran the entire 55k by herself but won the entire race. Amazing!!! The whole day was filled with so much love and joy. I am already looking forward to next years event. Thank you to all who honored George that day. This morning we went in for labs and a dr check up. His counts were all great. Hemoglobin was 12.8. Platelets, although low at 45, are holding and his ANC was super high. He even stopped limping. I think the hurt leg was from some medication side effect. That however didn’t keep him from getting an X-ray. George has had a cough for the past few weeks so his dr sent him down for some chest X-rays. Some parents have very talented kids at sports. Award winners at school. Extra curricular activity trophy accomplishments. My children excel at being very well behaved while getting X-rays and MRIs.  While you might not think this is a great achievement you must not have ever had to take a child in for one. For some strange reason all of my kids sit perfectly still for any type of scan. It’s alway a proud moment for me when I see how genuinely amazed the nurses and techs are when we have finished any such activity. It’s the small things folks. While they may never be Mensa inductees or Olympic gold mentalists, if there were an Oscar award for most well behaved for a scan or MRI then we will have a bookshelf full. But on a more serious note, his results came back clear. No pneumonia in his lungs. Praise the Lord!!!  He also grew an inch over the past month. This is amazing!!! I always like seeing growth in height and weight with him since all of the medications and treatments take a toll on his overall health. Growth equals health to me. Yet another praise. And to top off the great news from this Monday, George does not have to go into Nemours or Wolfson again until Thursday. And Thursday will just be for labs. What???!!!! Can this be true? What will I do with all of this free time? Catch up on the mountain of laundry? Clean the house? Organize the play room? Exercise? The sky is the limit. I feel like after that past two weeks of hardships and stress this was Gods little gift to me and to George. I am so grateful in so many ways. Coming off of a high from the weekends event and now starting off this week on a super high note I am once again blown away by Gods mercies in our life. Here is to a week of rest, figuratively, and to a week of healing for George.
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30






Comments

  1. And even though you are my friend, I always think about this verse when I read your entries. Hebrews 13:2: “Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have entertained angels unaware." You truly are a gift, Amy. I am praying for all of you, especially precious George.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Twins

We made it