Twins

I always wanted twins. Twins run in my moms family so I somewhat imagined it might actually happen. What I did not imagine was it happening at the ripe old age of 42.  They may not have shared a womb or even been born in the same year but Kate and George are officially twins. 100% engraftment! George’s transplant was a complete success. They are identical twins in every way internally. They share the exact same DNA. Our second child literally saved our third child’s life and now they will forever have a bond that only identical twins share. People may not have chosen this path to get twins and frankly I wouldn’t have either but I would not change even a second of any of it. Because of the blessing of George’s disease we have become a closer family. We have become closer with both old and new friends. We have met so many amazing people. We have experienced so many wonderful things. But most importantly we have grown closer to God. I did not know that I needed all of this in my life, but God did. The first day after finding out George’s diagnosis I stood in the tiny hospital shower and sobbed and pleaded with God to make this all just be a mistake in diagnosis and that he would be ok. Sometimes you don’t understand the why. Blindly trusting the Lord and leaning on Him through everything got us to where we are today. A stronger family. A stronger human being. A more compassionate and aware person. God has opened my eyes to so much over the past three years and I am so grateful. Were there many tears and fears along the way? YES.  Did I know ultimately, whatever the outcome, it would be ok? YES.   Is this all over? NO.   We still have some issues related to the transplant that are lingering but today, today we celebrate the news of our new twins. We celebrate life. We celebrate health. We celebrate success. We celebrate God’s never ending love.
 2 Corinthians 9:15
Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!








Comments

  1. Hurray for 100%!!! Oh, I am so thankful to God for all those blessings. Love this news Amy and love your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears rolling down my face in pure JOY, for you and yours! Love, Norm and Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. All my heart smiles for little George ( and all his family). Best news ever, Amy.
    100% is a great %. Sometimes we can’t actually see God’s answer to our prayers, but I think He spoke sweetly to you, and it brings happy tears to my eyes. Kiss all three of your babies for me 😘😘😘

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOD IS SO GOOD! We praise Him, our Healer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The prayers continue but we’re rejoicing with you & your family for God’s amazing power & love

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We made it