Timeline

Here is a timeline (subject to change) of what is to come.

June 10th- George will be taken off of his daily Neupegen which means his immune system will be gone. What this means for our family is that we will need to be in seclusion from public places and visitors. We will just lay low and try and stay healthy.

June 26th- George checks into Wolfsons children’s hospital and undergoes a surgery to have a port placed in this chest on his main artery. This will be where all of his medicine and blood draws will be accessed and administered. This port will stay in for at least a year. He will begin chemotherapy that same day. This is called his “conditioning” and will get his body ready to accept the new bone marrow. He will be on this for 7 days.

July 1st- Kate checks into the hospital and will have her surgery to harvest her bone marrow for George. She will hopefully only have to stay for 2 days. Her recovery should be fairy easy. They say she will be sore and weak for about 2 weeks but nothing too bad. It will just be her body replacing it’s depleted marrow.

July 2nd- George will receive Kate’s bone marrow. This will mark his 1st day of  his new life. He will now share Kate’s DNA.  This is also when they begin the countdown to what they call full engraftment. It takes 100 days to see whether or not his body will accept Kate’s marrow as his own. There will be many ups and downs during these 100 days. It’s all part of the process.

Between now and June 26th George and Kate will have lots of test and procedures to prepare both of them for the transplant.  Our prayer requests are that we would be protected from any and all viruses and bacteria during this time so that we can go into the transplant as healthy as we can possibly be. Please pray for our anxiety leading up to this journey. Knowing all that is about to be put on our plate is very overwhelming at times. Pray for George and his strength. His body will be put through more then anyone should  have to be put through. Just protection throughout every step. Pray for healing. Pray for his body to accept his new marrow. Pray for his pain and the tax that will be placed on his organs. Pray for his comfort. Pray for his sisters who will be well taken care of but who will also be seeing this very hard circumstance and to see their baby in this state. Pray for all who is taking on so many extra burdens so that I may stay with George the entire time. Pray for Mitch who will still be working, and caring for my needs, and being there for the girls and watching George go through this. Please also pray for me. I know I will be fine but I also know that it will be a lot emotionally for me. Pray for my strength and for my heart. Caring for George and being away from my girls. Every step of this will be a fight. And I am ready. I just am gonna need some extra prayers too ❤️

I will keep you updated as much as I can on everything. The good the bad and the ugly. I know that this will help with specific prayer requests and will help everyone to know what our needs are. I am not a great writer so please bear with me on grammar and formality. Thank you again for everything and for loving us so well.

Comments

  1. You Got This Amy! We are cheering you on from a far...Stacey

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Twins

We made it