Miracles do exist

This day has been full of many emotions. George has lower counts then yesterday but still is engrafted. His counts will go up and down for a little while until his body is fully running on Kate’s cells. Speaking of kate, today was her first day back to school. She was so excited and I was glad to be able to be a part of her big morning. George had a rough morning of no eating but then strangely enough was introduced to powdered sugar donuts and the rest of the day ate the entire bag. Not so healthy but it’s the calories that we are looking at now. Something else pretty big happened today too.  They removed his PIC line. Why is this significant? Well, and I can’t believe I am saying this, George is now ready to leave the hospital. What!!!!!! Tomorrow will mark exactly one month to the day of his admission. He has done so remarkably well and engrafted so fast that they are discharging him at some point tomorrow. I was sobbing when they told me. I am still in shock. I can not believe that this part of his journey has come to an end. When we came into this we were told to expect 100 days of being here. Best case scenario would be 8 weeks. How can this be? Well, I know how this can be. God. It is all God. He is in the business of preforming miracles and he has delivered huge on this one. How can this hospital part be ending tomorrow? It does not mean it is over by any stretch but it does mean that he has done so well thus far that they no longer need him to stay here. Our house is not ready for this new news. Mitch is home scrambling to get new AC units and mold removal from the old AC unit, getting Hepa filters installed and lining up handy men and cleaners so that George can come home to a perfect and healthy environment. George and I will have to live at my sisters house while she is away until the improvements are made but hopefully we can be back home by next week. So just grab your box of tissues and  try and digest all of this news with me. I will not be able to sleep tonight thinking about all the stress that will come along with leaving my protective bubble here and with all that George will require for the next few months but who cares!!!! My baby is thriving, healing and blowing this transplant team’s minds at his rapid recovery. So while I am awake I will be weeping and praising the Lord for ALL he has provided and all of his promises to us.  Praise the Lord , my soul; all my inmost being. Praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits. Who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion. Who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagles. Psalm 103:1-5

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Twins

We made it