Wolfson 55

Yesterday we got a call from Wolfson Children’s Hospital to let us know that George was selected as one of the Patients of the year. Each year they chose 55 kids who have been patients at their hospital to highlight their stories and help raise money for the hospital. What an honor!!! He will have his photo shoot in October for all of the promotional material. He will be featured in brochures, commercials, advertising posters and possibly even a billboard. Too funny to think about that one. There are 55 amazing stories to be told so I am looking forward to reading all about each child and adding them to our prayer list and hopefully meeting them too. It is a huge fundraiser for the hospital. There will be a 55K “mega marathon” (30 miles) on January 25th. We will assemble a relay team and each run a portion of this. And I do take the word portion lightly. I’m not a runner but will give all I have for my (small) leg of the race.  More info on this to come. Meanwhile I will be dusting off my tennis shoes and will attempt to become a runner. It will be a fun, emotional and meaningful day for our family and for all the other families who are being recognized. Again, I will fill everyone in on details if you want to be a part of “Georgie’s Journey Joggers” closer to the event.   These are some pictures of George modeling pre transplant. I feel like he may nail his photo shoot in October, but you tell me 😂.


Comments

  1. I LOVE this so much! The Ridings family would love to be a part of Georgie's Journey Joggers!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Twins

We made it