No iron, no problem


 We went in for George’s MRI and Bone Marrow aspiration a few weeks ago. All went pretty well until he came out of anesthesia. He was so upset that they had to call me back to the recovery area to help. I couldn’t calm him down either so what do you do then? Well you put him back under. Yep, the anesthesiologist came in the room after hearing the screams from down the hall and juiced him back up. When he woke up from the second round he was still upset, but not in an all out frenzy. He has always had a rough time waking up from anesthesia but now that he is a head strong 3 year old he is really fun to deal with post procedure. We got the results back last week from those tests and his bone marrow looked wonderful and was as perfect as a perfectly healthy child’s would look. Wow is this amazing news. It is as if he was born disease free. Let that sink in for a minute. God, you are good. His results from his MRI came back with some other wonderful news. NO IRON BUILDUP!! His body got rid of it all on its own. That’s my overachieving boy. He knew I was weary of starting another medication for him so he went ahead and rid his body of it.  Thank you Lord! The good news has just been coming in like a wildfire these days. I was told yesterday that he can start weaning off of his chemo. This will take a few months but hallelujah I’ll take it. We had an IV treatment at the hospital today and happen to run into his Dr in the pharmacy while picking up a refill on one of his medicines and of coarse George’s candy, which by the way was a king size Mounds Bar today, random. I told his dr why we were there and he casually told me that I don’t need to give him that one anymore. When I say Gods timing is everything I mean it. I wouldn’t have seen his dr for 3 more weeks and that means George would have been taking that medicine for 3 more weeks unnecessarily. This wouldn’t have harmed him but it also just adds to the strain on his taxed organs each day he is on it. So God, a big ole Thank you once again for making that not so chance meeting happen. We will continue with his medicine wean for the next 4 months and then if all goes well we will be able to get his Port taken out. This is so exciting. The light at the end of the tunnel is so bright right now I need to wear sunglasses. George is doing so wonderful right now. He is strong and happy. He is smarter then any kid I know. He is naughty, but hilarious. He is alive and is a new boy. He is healed. He is a miracle. Thank you Lord for all of your continued blessings. 

Worship the Lord your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you. Exodus 23:25


He heals the brokenhearted
and binds up their wounds. Psalm 147:3 



Comments

  1. Wow!!! It’s all I can say. Thank you Lord!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There couldn't be any more wonderful news! Yay God! So happy for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing news Amy and George. Thanking God for these miracles <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Twins

We made it